Located in Ladoix-Serrigny, Burgundy, France
Maison Gagnerot was founded in 1802. In 1864 Marie, only daughter of Jean-Baptiste, married François Capitain, merchant, originally from Champlitte. Together, Jean-Baptiste and François founded Maison Capitain-Gagnerot.
After the phylloxera crisis which ravaged the Burgundy vineyard in the years 1870 to 1880, Marie, then a widow, decided to preserve the estate and replant it. The succession has since passed from father to son.
After the Second World War, Roger Capitain inherited 3 hectares of vines and a trading house. He is then relayed by his two sons, Patrice and Michel.
Today, the estate has 16 hectares of vines owned, and it is Pierre-François and Delphine, Patrice's children who manage it, supported by their spouses.